Friday, June 20, 2008

202 pounds

I'm really happy when my weight is a palindrome. So when I got on the scale at Anytime Fitness today, and it read 202.0, I was ecstatic. Such a nice, even, symmetrical number. But still not where I want to be.

When I started in the end of May, I was 218.8. So that means I've lost nearly 17 pounds so far. I needed to lose 50 total, so that means I've got about 33 to go, putting me around 170. I think for my height that's about right. Perhaps 165 or so, but I am not going to sweat that.

We figured out my stumbling block, why I held or gained for most of this week -- I wasn't getting enough fat. So I added real cheese and 2 percent milk, and things started shedding.

Eating is good. Lunches are kind of boring, but they always were -- turkey sandwich, cheese, fruit of some kind.

Dinner last night was great. I sauteed some portobello mushrooms, grilled some bread, threw on some mozerella, and had a really delicious sandwich. No idea what I"m going to get tonight, except it better be at home because I'm out of cash and left my ATM card there. :p
(Diets are good for finances too. Not eating out = saving a ton of money).

--Dustin

No comments: