Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Kicked the Habit FINALLY!!!!

It has been a month since I bought a processed frozen dinner :) No Lean Cuisine. No Smart Ones. No Healthy Choice.

My grocery bill has actually gone by buying whole wheat pasta or brown rice & frozen veggies or beans. That was a pleasant surprise.

So on the menu from this week's shopping trip.....
For dinners: black beans w/ brown rice & tri-colored peppers or garbanza beans w/ brown rice & carrots/brocolli/cauliflower mix.
For lunches: hummus, feta & spinach on whole wheat english muffin and low sodium roasted red peppers & tomato soup for lunches.
Snacks:Whole grain pretzels or no-sugar added apple sauce
Breakfasts: oat cluster cereal w/ a sprinkle of almonds mixed in w/ 1% milk & a banana

Hoping to be back running at least twice this week. Gonna try 2 three miles trots to see if the knee is back to normal.

Also dropped the bike off at the shop for a rehab assignment. I'll be using that for local errands & grocery shopping. And if the knee doesn't hold up, it'll be my favorite exercise toy.

I'll check in with my weight in a couple of days.....I think I'm due on Tuesday :)

-- Katie

No comments: