Thursday, June 26, 2008

Below 200

For the first time in... years, I'm below 200 pounds. I weighed in this morning at the gym, and was 197. That's a loss of 21.8 pounds since I started five weeks ago.

Eating healthy is getting easier, as is exercising frequently.

In some really really good news, I have a line on a rent house that is five blocks from work, which means I can walk or ride it, and the home is also close enough to downtown that I could bike / walk to restaurants, stores, etc. Not only for health benefits, but for carbon production / fuel use.

I'm looking forward to getting a vegetable garden going. :)

Here, you can see me before (left), and today (right).

-- Dustin

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Way to go Dustin. You're kicking butt!

The pics tell it all!

If you're pretty sure about the running gig, may I suggest the book: "Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster" (http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-Less-Faster-Revolutionary/dp/159486649X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214500972&sr=1-1)

-Lostsheep
(Backpacker.com)