Monday, June 9, 2008

3 Miles...NO Pain :)

So, after giving my knee a full 2 weeks to heal, rest, and strengthen, today was the day for it's first big exam.....3 flat miles on the treadmill.

AND IT PASSED!!!!!

Three pain free miles at a 5.1mph pace on the treadmill :) It was such a relief.

I'm going to continue to take it easy with 2 days on the eliptical, 2-3 days of road running, and a day on the bike. Plus, continuing with the strength training.

I'm really holding out hope that I can do the Philly Distance in September......fingers and toes crossed (and if you have ever seen my toes, you know they cross really easy).

Dinner tonight was fabulous BTW.......one half a pork chop cooked up with black beans & tri-colored peppers. It was fabulous :)

-Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay on the knee baby!